Transition: Teacher/School Role
Teachers and support staff have the responsibility to coordinate activities that will help each student move into adult life.
- Assist families and students to understand available options in school and those that may be available during adult life
- Provide a curriculum that prepares students for post-high school education and adult life
- Provide assessments of the student’s abilities, including current information from both general and special education teachers
- Work with the student and his/her family to develop an educational plan that prepares the student to work and live in the community as independently as possible
- Provide information about service agencies available in the community