Schools of Choice - More Details
- Parents and guardians are responsible for transporting choice students to and from their choice school.
- Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA) rules and regulations apply to all students participating in interscholastic athletics.
- Under the Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA) transfer policy, high school students who transfer by choice from one school to another will not be eligible to participate in interscholastic athletics for one full semester.
Application Procedures for the Muskegon Area ISD Collaborative Schools of Choice Program
- Application for transfer may be requested at the resident or choice school district's central office between the 2nd Monday in April and the 2nd Monday in May.
- Return the completed form to the choice district by the 2nd Monday in May, at 4:00 p.m.
- There is no guarantee that space will be available in the building selected.
- Parents will be notified of acceptance by the choice district by the 1st Monday in July.
- Parents will notify both the choice district and the resident district of their decision to enroll in the choice district by the 2nd Monday in July.
If you have any questions about the Muskegon Area ISD Collaborative Schools of Choice Program, please contact your resident or choice district or call Rochelle Barr Sartorius at (231) 767-7267.