Teaching Artists Needed
We will be seeking Teaching Artists to help facilitate in-classroom activities in the areas of music, theatre, and visual art. Please visit our Application for Aesthetic Education Teaching Artists for more information and to apply! New music applicants would attend training in Summer 2022 and start serving in the 2022-23 school year.
The Aesthetic Education program requires attendance at a summer institute for both classroom teachers and teaching artists before they can participate in the program.
The next cohort of teachers and training artists will be recruited in early 2022.
Authentic Arts Experiences
Experiences for the 2021-22 school year are currently in development.
- Paulo Padilha e Bando from Brazil - April 19, 2022 @ Fruitport High School
- Dance Theatre of Harlem - May 25, 2022 @ Frauenthal Center
- Indy Opera Children's Opera - March 2022 (canceled)
- Tiff Massey - Jewelry Box Exhibition - through February 20, 2022 @ Muskegon Museum of Art
Community Partners and Sponsors
- Muskegon Civic Theatre
- Muskegon Community College
- Muskegon Community Concert Association
- Muskegon Museum of Art (Sponsor)
- West Michigan Symphony (Sponsor)
This activity is supported by the Michigan Council for Arts & Cultural Affairs.