- Art History
- Color Theory
- Public Speaking
- Food coloring
- Muffin tin
- Soft brushes or foam rollers
- DIY Sidewalk Chalk Paint
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 1-2 tablespoons washable paint or several drops of food coloring
- 6-8 plastic containers with lids or use disposable muffin tins
various brushes and rollers
- In each plastic cup add 1/3 cup cornstarch to 1/3 cup water or whatever equal parts you prefer. Mix to combine.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of paint or several drops of food coloring into each cup and stir until your desired color is reached.
- Note: The cornstarch will settle a bit as the paint sits, so give the paints a good stir.
- Use the open-source https://www.metmuseum.org/ to look up famous art and artists to be inspired by.
- Using your chalk paint, recreate the artwork using whatever colors you have!
- Add a fancy frame and give credit to the artist by writing their name below with the title of the art and the year it was made!
- Invite friends and family to view your chalk art gallery and talk a bit about what you learned from researching the art/artist!