- Being outdoors
- Creative thinking
- Sorting shapes
- Learning about an artist
- An assortment of found natural items
- 8.5x 11” paper, any kind/color
- Collection bag/box
- Camera (optional)
- Watch this YouTube video of the artist, Raku Inoue, at work.
- Go outdoors! Bring a small shoebox or a bag to collect natural items in.
- Find a variety of colors, shapes, and sizes of grass, leaves, flowers, pebbles, weeds, seeds, sticks, bird feathers...anything
- Lay out your materials and start arranging them to come up with a design.
- Think about butterflies, birds, bees, or bunnies! Any animal or a hybrid is okay.
- When you think you have your creature ready the way you like it, you can add some glue onto your paper, and place your objects onto the glue to secure them.
- If you don’t want to use glue, simply arrange your design on a piece of paper, and take a photo to keep a visual of your design!