- Eating vegetables helps everyone stay healthy.
- Exercising with your family promotes a safe and happy environment
- Safe environment outside or open space inside
Kids should start out by standing or sitting in a circle. One player will not have a spot and will be in the center.
- The teacher/leader will walk around the circle and “label” each participant with a vegetable name. At least two people should be labeled with each vegetable; for example, label three as a “green bean.” (Alternatively, you can have the children draw their vegetable names out of a hat.)
- The player in the center will call out the names of the vegetables.
- When the people labeled with that vegetable are called, they must rush to another spot in the circle. The player in the center attempts to “steal” a spot along the circle.
- Whoever doesn’t have a spot then will be in the center and that person calls out the next vegetable.
- The center player may call out “Tossed Salad!” once while in the center and everyone must switch spots.