School Based Svcs
School Based Services
Schools receive partial reimbursement from Medicaid for medical services provided to special education students who are less than 21 years of age.
- Licensed Therapy Assistants (PTA and COTA)
- Licensed Psychologists and Social Workers
- Licensed Speech, Occupational, or Physical Therapists
- Orientation and Mobility Specialists
- RNs and LPNs
- Special Education Classroom Teachers
- Personal Care Paraprofessionals
Valuable medical services are made available and school personnel ensures that the special education student's plan of care is being implemented. As services are provided, the staff member must submit reports/claims in order for the school to receive reimbursement from Medicaid. Additionally, school personnel are selected to participate in the Random Moment Time Study (RMTS) Program which is used to monitor the amount of time spent on Medicaid School Based Services.