Competencies focus on how learning can be enhanced through the use of technology resources. MITECS are a collection of technology competencies, based on the ISTE Standards for Students. The ISTE Standards for Students and the MITECS includes six categories: Empowered Learner, Knowledge Constructor, Innovative Designer/Maker, Computational Thinker, Global Collaborator, and Digital Citizen.
- Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students - MITECS(2017)
- MITECS Scope and sequence by Grade Level
- Age Band Articulation - to help design age-appropriate learning activities incorporating technology competencies
- ISTE Standards for Students (2016) - represents a shift from simply using technology to transforming learning through technology
- National Education Technology Plan - Reimagining the Role of Technology in Education (2017)
Additional resources are provided via email request. To make a request via email, please use the HELP button