Lakeshore Learning Center
Respect. Responsibility. Positivity.
Mission Statement: To promote optimism, trust, forgiveness, and character development through setting clear expectations of Respect, Responsibility, having a Positive Attitude, and Being Safe in a therapeutic environment, ultimately increasing academic achievement.
Lakeshore Learning Center serves students K-12 from throughout Muskegon County.
The Lakeshore Learning Center is a place where...
- All students and staff feel accepted, respected, and treated with dignity.
- Students are constantly supported to build independence.
- Students participate in a purposeful curriculum scope and sequence tied to national standards.
- Creative planning for students is done with presumed competence and consideration for transition needs.
- Staff participates in regular data reviews (involving the student as much as possible) to improve instruction and overall student achievement.
- We have a community of parents, educators, volunteers, students, and community agencies building relationships and working toward meaningful common goals.
- Buildings, programs, and classrooms are accessible, inclusive, and welcoming.
- The staff has a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional well being; evident in the way they respect, support, teach and respond to the “whole student” and one another.
- There is intentional two-way, open communication among staff.
- Student behaviors are supported in a proactive, positive, safe, and predictable environment using evidence-based programming.
- Students work toward self-determination and gaining an understanding of their IEP.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday 9:10 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
Half days are 9:10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
The Center is operating on half days until September 28.
This schedule is subject to change based on the direction of public health officials and/or MDE.
Need more information?
Glenda M. Robinson-Scott
Principal, Lakeshore Learning Center
1001 Wesley Avenue
Muskegon, MI 49442