Behavior Coaching Support
Behavior Consultants work in cooperation with local school districts’ teams in Muskegon County to provide coaching support for the implementation of evidence-based practices for students who are eligible for special education and have intensive behaviors. The goal of Behavior Coaching is to build capacity around Tier 3 behavior systems and practices. Teams who determine that coaching support is needed throughout the Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) and Positive Behavior Support Plan (PBSP) process may apply for coaching.
Examples of Service
- Coaching for systems development with intensive resource rooms, seclusion/restraint protocols, center-based programs, and crisis teams
- County-wide training and professional development for FBA/PBSP, Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI), and evidence-based practice
- Coaching support for teams and individuals through the FBA/PBSP process
- Coaching support for teams and individuals around individualized student-specific function-based interventions
- Special Education Administration, District/Building Level Administration and Special Education Support Staff
- Teams within Muskegon County schools supporting students who qualify for special education services who require Tier 3 function-based interventions with approval from a special education administrator
- Internal behavior coaches who facilitate the development of FBA and PBSP
- Ideally, teams will apply for coaching before they are in crisis. When a team is in crisis it is much more difficult to process and do the foundational work to make a slow and steady change to individual school systems to promote the success of all students
- School Social Workers
- TCI Trainers
*Often, our services can be adapted to meet the unique needs of those being served.
- School Social Work Community of Practice
- TCI Community of Practice
- Tier 3 PBIS
- Mindfulness Cohort: Cultivating Wellness in Educators for Social-Emotional Learning
Supporting educators in developing the full potential of every student through professional development, program innovation, coaching and consultation.