About Wesley School
Wesley School is a centralized Special Education Program operated by the Muskegon Area Intermediate School District.
Wesley School educates students eligible for special education services due to a Cognitive Impairment (CI), Severe Multiple Impairment (SXI), and Autism (ASD).
Wesley students come from the 11 local school districts and 4 area charter schools of Muskegon County.
An Individualized Education Plan (IEP) team must recommend a student for placement at Wesley School. The local school district initiates the referral process.
Wesley School is a place where...
- All students and staff feel accepted, respected and treated with dignity.
- Students are constantly supported to build independence.
- Students participate in a purposeful curriculum scope and sequence tied to national standards.
- Creative planning for students is done with presumed competence and consideration for transition needs.
- Staff participate in regular data reviews (involving the student as much as possible) to improve instruction and overall student achievement.
- We have a community of parents, educators, volunteers, students and community agencies building relationships and working toward meaningful common goals.
- Buildings, programs and classrooms are accessible, inclusive, and welcoming.
- Staff have a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional well-being; evident in the way they respect, support, teach and respond to the "whole student" and one another.
- There is intentional two-way, open communication among staff.
- Student behaviors are supported in a proactive, positive, safe and predictable environment using evidenced-based programming.
- Students work toward self-determination and gaining an understanding of their IEP.
Wesley School Mission Statement:
The mission of Wesley School is to provide individualized, evidence-based instruction and hold high expectations for all students in a safe, accessible, meaningful and engaging environment.
The most recent Annual Education Report for Wesley School and Transition Campus at Craig can be found in the link below:
2020/2021 Annual Education Report
Sensory Hallway Mural