MAISD Bid Requests
INVITATION TO BID: Expansion of Preschool Playground (Ages 3-5)
Muskegon Heights - Edgewood
3028 Howden Street, Muskegon Heights, MI
The Muskegon Area Intermediate School District (MAISD) invites proposals from qualified contractors for or expanse the pre-school licensed playground for children ages 3-5 at Muskegon Heights - Edgewood 3028 Howden Street, Muskegon Heights, MI 49444.
A pre-bid meeting will not be held. The site contractor will be fully responsible for all required trades. Project details:
- Removal of 30’ existing cyclone fence and posts.
- Installation of 31’ new cyclone fencing extending the border of the current playground to the rear property line fencing.
- Build up of playground base in newly expanded playground triangular area measuring 30’ X 31’ X 37’. Wood chip/mulch fill meeting child licensing minimum depth safety requirements.
- Installation and purchase of new early childhood (ages 3-5) playground climbing/slide structure with at least one slide. Provide manufacturer’s suggested retail price along with vendor quotation of said piece; MSRP should be equal to or less than $17,500. Include pictures of the selected playground structure.
- All play system elements must meet and/or exceed all state licensing, federal, CPSC, & IPEMA guidelines.
- All play system elements must demonstrate the highest level of durability in materials and finishes selected in consideration of child health and safety.
- Installation and purchase of new balance walking beam of at least 10’ in length. Include pictures of the selected equipment.
- Certification of renovated playground meeting State of Michigan licensing requirements.
Due to the utilization of federal funds, Davis-Bacon Act rules and regulations apply to laborers employed directly upon the site of the work. DBA wage determinations may be found at https://beta.sam.gov/
Sealed bids should be submitted to Mr. Mike Schluentz, MAISD, 684 Harvey St., St. 202, Muskegon, MI 49442, no later than 2:00 p.m. local time on Tuesday, May 11, 2021. Late bids will not be considered. Bids will be publicly opened; evaluation of proposals and award will be at a later date. The project completion deadline is Friday, August 27, 2021, or earlier (preferable).
The Board reserves the right to waive any irregularities, reject any or all bids, or accept any bid when in the opinion of the Board such action will best serve the district’s interest. The Muskegon Area Intermediate School District operates on an equal opportunity/affirmative action basis in its bidding policy. Bidding is open to all interested parties, in compliance with national, state, and local laws. Proof of general liability and workers compensation insurance required of the selected bidder with additional insureds of relevant parties to be added.
Proposed area of playground expansion (30’ X 31’ X 37’):